Clawback reductions

lollops

Has anybody actually been successful with DCC in getting a clawback reduced? ever?

or even a price reduction (at a long shot!)

In cork yes. Reduced by about 3%. Lowered the valuation of the house too.
I didnt ask for it.
Had rung months before but was told there was no chance.

Has anybody actually been successful with DCC in getting a clawback reduced? ever?

or even a price reduction (at a long shot!)

One of the mortgage advisors at bank of Ireland told me when I applied for my affordable home mortgage that she had seen people fight them on the clawback & win. This conversation came to pass when i was offered a very expensive affordable house from dcc...

Lollops don't take no for an answer. If your apt is genuinely overvalued write a letter and accept it subject to revaluation. Send them your valuation together with price lists for private new apts that are selling in the area. Contact your local councillor and ask them to also request a revaluation. The person you get on the phone in the council will often tell you there's no room for revaluations. Get the name of the most senior person in the housing department and put it all in writing to them. Our apts have been revalued twice now with a total drop in market value of 85k! Persevere ;-)

I didn't agree with mine so I got a private valuation done for €60, sent this to the council who after two phoen calls agreed to send out their surveyor. The market value was then dropped and the clawback reduced based on their surveyors report. I tried to get it lowered further but they said my choice was take it or leave it. I really want the apt as it is the perfect location which I could never even close to afford on the private market so I am taking it!

Back