Printer / Copier

paddy26

I am looking to buy a small laser printer/ copier. I would be prepared to purchase second hand. It is for a small office (3 people). Any suggestions would be great

Personally I'd steer clear of second hand..
If anything goes wrong with it you have no guarantee or comeback.
Try here
they have a large selection at varied prices..some cost thousands.. others for a couple of hundred.
If you don't mind taking a chance on second hand try www.buyandsell.ie and run a search for a laser printer/copier

I bought a HP C4580 wireless printer from Currys for 80 euro. Does everything, including printing pictures from a digital camera. Very happy with it.

I bought one too! It's wireless, and it prints, scans & copies as well as photos. I bought it for €79 in PC World, but see it's €71.99 in argos.

i've got a HP Laserjet 3050. it's a printer/copier/scanner/fax.

i've been using it for a couple of years now and i really like it. We paid around €400 for it.

Thanks Mathepac, thought so but wasn't sure..
At that price it might be worth the OP considering it.

Would anyone have any ideas on laser printers. The printing levels will be reasonably high so will need something that can do 10 pages per min if possible.

How much are you planning on spending on a laser printer, Paddy26?
and I'll have a look for you.

Alright Paddy26, I found some you might be interested in:

Available online From.
http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2784309/art/konica-minolta/konica-minolta-pagepro-13.html
Professional, streamlined businesses are all about efficiency. This is where the PagePro 1380MF All-in-One comes in. Combining monochrome laser printing, copying and color scanning to your PC in one unit, it does away with the need for three separate machines.

PagePro 1380MF All-in-One features easily replaceable consumables and a high-capacity 250-sheet paper tray. It also comes complete with software that lets you scan and copy directly from your PC.

With print and copy output at up to 20 ppm, the PagePro 1380MF All-in-One speeds through your printing jobs in no time. First page-out time is just 13 seconds, while powerful processing means pages are printed fast without compromising print quality.

Superb quality is a standout feature of the PagePro 1380MF All-in-One. Scanning at 1200 dpi in color, scans are beautifully detailed. Whether you're printing, copying or scanning, the results are always ultra-professional. Timesaving functions bring new levels of convenience and versatility to the PagePro 1380MF All-in-One.

€212.97c includes vat but not delivery...usually around €25.

From http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3078425/art/hewlett-packard/hp-color-laserjet-cm1312.html#tech-specs

HP's lowest priced color laser multifunction printer for print-shop quality results, with scan and copy functions. Finish jobs fast with great print and processing speeds. It's the affordable and easy way to get professional results in-house. Output 12ppm

€365.91c again (inc vat) but not delivery

From argos
http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6704836/Trail/searchtext%3ELASER+PRINTER.htm
Brother DCP7030 All In One Laser Printer
Up to 22ppm mono copies.

Holds 250 sheets of paper.

2400 x 600dpi print resolution.
€189.99c Pick up in store

Out of those.. I think the HP 'lowest priced color laser multifunction printer' Is the best option if you want colour.. It's the cheapest I could find as Colour Lasers can run into thousands.. But the Black and white 'Mono' 'Brother one is very good value with 22ppm.
for only €189.99

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Much appreciated. Ill have a look on those sites. If I could get one with a fax that would solve another problem!

have them with a fax but they run into thousands of euro' much cheaper to get a fax separately

I found the multi function units (Brother) looked good value but the scanner will not work if its low on ink, same for sending a fax, I contacted the shop and the Manager (an OK guy) told me the manufacturer makes their money off the replacement ink cartridges, worth asking about before buying multi function machines.

I have recently looked at buying a new printer but my problem is how to work out how much it costs to print something, it's okay getting a reasonably priced printer but often it's false economy as the ink/toner turns out to be quite expensive - any advice on how to calculate printing costs, I use a lot of coloured ink. Thanks

Back