Company car claim

P

PAULP123

had a small crash while driving a company car (my fault). The claim went in and was settled by the comapny's insurance 3,000euro... Just wondering is this a claim against me? or a claim against the company? I just presumed it was the company but someone told me no that it's still a claim against me because i was the driver.

in theory it is a claim against both of you, you as driver and company because you are deemed to be their servant or agent.

it is the company's NCB that is affected, but should you require a note from their insurers regarding your driving experience, they will note that you had the accident.

I was hoping to get insurance for my own car this year so if they ask is there any claims against me i would have to say yes? therefore trebling my quote? Is this correct

I was hoping to get insurance for my own car this year so if they ask is there any claims against me i would have to say yes? therefore trebling my quote? Is this correct

That is correct, you will probably find that the Insurance Company that your Employer uses for the Company Car fleet with will give you the most competitive quote.

Back