Anti social fine question

kiwifruit

Hi all,
maybe someone can enlighten me on this issue, a tenant has had an anti social behaviour complaint last saturday night at an apartment complex, she was getting out of a taxi and she was being loud and boisterious to her friends who were still in the taxi.Taxi drove off so the noise lasted two minutes at most, one of her neighbours rang the management company to complain.. im aware the tenent and her neighbour do not get on with each other. anyway, the landlord recieved an invoice from the managemnt company today requesting 250 euro as a fine for the noise.
Can the management company enforce this fine and the landlord is at a loss as the management company never contacted him about it etc, I believe the landlord contacted the tenent when the fine arrived and the above story was relayed to him.The tenant is insistant that she is not paying it as it was a non issue and surely the landlord shouldnt pick it up,
The tenant would like to know if it was the neighbour that she dosent get on with who complained but the management company wont say who, understandable ,I suppose but it got me thinking that this is an easy way for management companies to make extra money.
What will happen if the fine just isnt paid??

The tenant would like to know if it was the neighbour that she dosent get on with who complained but the management company wont say who, understandable ,I suppose but it got me thinking that this is an easy way for management companies to make extra money.
What will happen if the fine just isnt paid????

What time did the noise occur? Were there previous similar events? Any complaints in writing? What does the lease say about anti-social behaviour?

As an old fogey myself I'd be leaning against the tenant unless proved otherwise!

Fine is a legal term, I remember it coming up at an AON meeting, the management company cannot "fine" you, they can bring a monetary sanction..if they call it a fine, they are wrong.

Unless your lease signed at purchase says the Management Company can punish you for such an incident it is unlikely that they could get away with imposing such a levy. The thing that strikes me though, is are you sure you believe the tenant. It doesn't add up to me.

Back