Dublin Wanted: Financial planner

The Viking

I’m looking for a financial adviser who will help me make a decision on an investment - whether to sell or hold onto a UK investment property I bought 6 years ago.

I’m looking to pay a fee to get a projected forecast – euros and cents – of the potential performance of the investment over the next 15 years. I can provide the assumptions and we can look at several scenarios. I would want to compare that projected outcome with alternatives for the cash that will be available to invest once it is sold.

The reason I’m reviewing is that it has been in negative equity for the last 24 months or so but now, since I’ve been paying full interest mortgage, the mortgage is now less than the value and I might look in spring to sell it, albeit writing off the money I’ve spent on it to date. I am currently paying approx. 60% of the mortgage + other costs, with a tenant paying the remainder. It has always rented.

I’m not looking for someone else’s opinion about the state of the UK property market etc; I’m looking for a financial planner to treat it as any other financial investment.

Back