Service charges of 125 Euro each charged by Trailfinders.

battyee

I booked flights & hotel for 2 weeks in Thailand through the Dublin office. The travel agent was helpful, knowledgeable & pleasant so no fault there but I was staggered to find that the agency charged me 250 Euro for making the booking for 2 people. I had used other agencies such as Club Travel, Sunway & Falcon before for booking holidays but none ever charged me for the service. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience when dealing with a travel agency.

When you say you were staggered to find this charge just wondering if you have queried it with them and what their explanation is for same? Is there anything in the small print to forewarn you of this charge or did the travel agent mention it? Is there a cooling off period? It does seem strange and excessive. Google does not show much other than this mention of €60 charge.

First I knew of this was when I saw the 250 Euro charge made against the final account when I got it together with the tickets on Friday. I will be calling in to their office to complain later this week & will post details of the outcome.

Have now queried this charge with Trailfinders & they tell me that the service charge of 125 Euro each was to do with the flight arrangements & explain it like this "they were able to get a much cheaper rate from the airline (Eithiad) but had to add a service fee to those flights in order to buy them. That way it was working out 363 Euro per person cheaper than Eithiad's agency rates". I do now remember the girl who was handling the booking saying that to get the best ticket price that there would be an additional fee but that the price they were charging by doing this would result in a net saving of some kind. I am still left wondering if I could have got this cheaper rate myself by booking online and saved the 250 Euro they are charging.

I have used trailfinders a few times over the years (though not recently) and always found them excellent. I have to say that this strikes me as very underhand.

I have used trailfinders a few times over the years (though not recently) and always found them excellent. I have to say that this strikes me as very underhand.

Doesn't sound like that to me. It was explained that there would be a fee in order to get the lower fare, but that the saving was greater than the fee, so it was the cheapest overall package. The fact that the OP didn't recall this until seeing the breakdown of the bill is hardly the fault of trailfinders.

Back