Which Residential Mortgage Valuer

HouseBuyer10

Hi everybody,

We need to choose a valuer from the list given by our bank, but there are so many for Dublin that we can't really make up our mind about one.
What criteria should we apply when we choose one?

Thanks a mil.

It makes no difference who you choose. All they will do is decide how much it is worth, and send that to the bank.

Having said that, many moons ago I was remortgaging and I needed the value to be a certain level, so I went and visited the auctioneer to make sure that that he knew how much I was borrowing so that he would value it right. Totally politically or whatever incorrect.

Thanks for that, Bronte.
I thought they would charge different prices...

It makes no difference who you choose. All they will do is decide how much it is worth, and send that to the bank.

Having said that, many moons ago I was remortgaging and I needed the value to be a certain level, so I went and visited the auctioneer to make sure that that he knew how much I was borrowing so that he would value it right. Totally politically or whatever incorrect.

Hi everybody,

We're in the process of getting an AIB valuer from the AIB panel and I've e-mailed a few to get some quotes.

It turns out their quotes are very different; for example one charges €130 including VAT and another one €300 + VAT.

Does anyone know why the difference is so big and are we taking any risks if we go for the cheapest one?

All the valuers we've contacted are from the AIB Panel.

Thanks a mil.

Back