Planning Department - where is it?

HouseBuyer10

Hi everybody,

Our solicitor asked us to attend the offices of the Planning Department with control for the area in which the property we want to buy is situated. That's because we should check the development plan for the area so that we know whether there is a major motorway proposal or an industrial development proposed in that area.
Could someone give me some indication about where to find the offices of the Planning Department for Dublin? I can't seem to find any relevant information online.

Thanks a mil.

It will be in the council office of the relevant area. They office for Dublin City Council is in Woodquay, but seeing as you are talking about motorway proposal its unlikely that the house you are looking at is in this council area.

Hi everybody,

Our solicitor asked us to attend the offices of the Planning Department with control for the area in which the property we want to buy is situated. That's because we should check the development plan for the area so that we know whether there is a major motorway proposal or an industrial development proposed in that area.
Could someone give me some indication about where to find the offices of the Planning Department for Dublin? I can't seem to find any relevant information online.

Thanks a mil.

Motorway plans are generally not kept in the council planning departments. NRA might be able to point you in the right direction.

The Development Plan gives outline conditions for development within particular areas of your county, ie. Residential, industrial. They generally don't have possible motorway routes on them. (I've prepared Development Plan maps for DCC in the past.

Back