Danske Bank/NIB to close down - hold onto your tracker

Hi. this is abit of a rhetorical question but has anyone had any joy with re-financing a Danske tracker mortgage recently?

We are looking to put an extension on our house. If I can't re-finance with Danske my only options are to move my mortgage elsewhere (losing my favourable tracker rate) or getting a personal loan (higher APR, shorter term).

In a normally functioning mortgage market, I would add it to my existing mortgage and pay it off over the term of the mortgage.

Hi. this is abit of a rhetorical question but has anyone had any joy with re-financing a Danske tracker mortgage recently?

We are looking to put an extension on our house. If I can't re-finance with Danske my only options are to move my mortgage elsewhere (losing my favourable tracker rate) or getting a personal loan (higher APR, shorter term).

In a normally functioning mortgage market, I would add it to my existing mortgage and pay it off over the term of the mortgage.
It would be worth working out exactly what it's going to cost you. I guess others here can answer definitively but I doubt very much Danske would accommodate you with that. Can you put it on the long finger and save up the cash instead?

Long term, this is probably a serious concern for many of us....

Perhaps the Central Bank needs to make arrangements to ensure that those of us who are former customers of ACC, Danske, BoSI etc are in some way faciliated with regards to moving banks without being "raped" when we do.

Back