Implications if I withdraw car insurance complaint to Fin Ombudsman

Dublin32

Hi all,

Just looking for any opinions or any experiences where people have submitted a complaint but withdrawn it before it went to investigation and what consequences would be.

In summary my complaint related to car insurance claim / dispute over amount provider offered on my claim. Went through the normal internal process with the provider and complaint is with the Ombudsman 4 months now but still in a queue to be assigned an invesitgator. Which i estimate to take another 3 months.

Reason for withdrawal of complaint - The timeframe has far exceeded my expectations and guidelines on Ombudsman website. And i urgently need the money. Purchased house - finances are stretched and i need to furnish it and pay stamp duty and legal fees.

If i withdraw now..will there be any issue or further delay in getting car insurance claim amount offered by the insurance provider?

Many thanks

If i withdraw now..will there be any issue or further delay in getting car insurance claim amount offered by the insurance provider?

Well have you confirmed that the amount is still on offer? I assume you turned their previous offer and filed a complaint...

Many thanks

Very unlikely. The insurance company would probably be very happy to see the claim settled.

Brendan

DUBLIN32;

If you have waited 4 months and (survived) and the extra difference twix offer and what you believe is just is an appreciable difference, Please hang in there (if you can), as too many providers knowing the slowness of Ombudsman , play on your need .

Back