"Temporary full time" Employee

Sidetracker

Hi all, can anyone tell me the status of a person on a "Temporary full time 2 year contract" after which the employee becomes "Permenant" ???.
One of my offspring has such a contract. He was assured when signing it that he would become a full time member staff at the end of the 2 year period. I have never heard of such a contract. He is now 10 months in and is worried that his employer may renage in the agreement. Thanks

Hi

"full-time" means that a person works 40 hours a week.

"two year contract" means that the contract is for two years and ends on that date with no further commitment from the employer

"temporary" is probably a superflous word. The can't get rid of him before the two years is up. They might try to if it's worded correctly.

Hi Brendan, thank you for your reply. Whilst the Company assured him when he joined them and reassured him on 29/06/2010 at his review, that he would automatically become full time at the end of the 2 year term, you suspect otherwise !.

If they reassured him as recently as a few days ago, he should make sure that this is written into the review. That would be a change of contract and would probably be binding.

If it's not written into the review, he should probably send a memo to the reviewer saying "Thank you for the good review. I am particuarly delighted to hear that I will be made permanent on x/x/xxxx."

Brendan

Back