HSE Hire Ban removal?

polo1

Anyone know if the HSE will lift their ban on recruitment now that the gov have increased spending for next year?

Hey,

Can't say for definite whether ban will be lifted or not but I did hear Mary Harney say that extra money was being provided for recuitment this year so I hope that means yes

There has been very little money allocated. There are hugh number of women working in the HSE who receive full pay (less sociale welfare) when out on maternity leave, thus when they are replaced the HSE is effectively paying almost 2 salaries for almost 10 months, when bank holidays and holidays are taken into account.

There has been very little money allocated. There are hugh number of women working in the HSE who receive full pay (less sociale welfare) when out on maternity leave, thus when they are replaced the HSE is effectively paying almost 2 salaries for almost 10 months, when bank holidays and holidays are taken into account.

Whats your point?

There are hugh number of women working in the HSE who receive full pay (less sociale welfare) when out on maternity leave, thus when they are replaced the HSE is effectively paying almost 2 salaries for almost 10 months, when bank holidays and holidays are taken into account.

And this has what exactly to do with the original post???

Sorry whether the recruitment ban will be lifted will have nothing to do with the extra money allocated.

Sorry whether the recruitment ban will be lifted will have nothing to do with the extra money allocated.
:confused: Of course it will.

The question is, is the extra money allocated enough for them to lift the recruitment ban fully or will they thread carefully and hold off on any change.

Having heard MH's comments last night, it seemed as if she was hinting that the ban will be lifted, but never actually said it.

I am hoping it will be. A friends sister was all set to relocate and had sold up home etc in UK and was ready to move but waiting for contract to be issued from HSE. They had offered the job but was waiting on her registration (which took 6 months with an bord altranais) and in the end the HSE slapped on the ban.. She is now in limbo with no home and no job with 3 children and an offer on her house here in Ireland. Luckily her husband still has his job.... Her new manager is crying out for staff and is still holding the post for her.... So lets just hope it happens sooner rather than later...

Thanks for all you replies...

I hope it will be lifted as well. My job depends on it as well. Don't think people actually realise the affect it has had unless you work in the HSE

Is it a full ban? I have seen job vacancies on the HSE website all during the "ban"- admittedly not as many as usual - but vacancies nevertheless. Are some jobs not covered by the ban - or are they not going to appoint until the ban is over?
www.careersinhealthcare.ie

The HSE continued to advertise for staff, and held interviews, but are unable to complete the recruitment process while the ban is in place.

I doubt it. Working for the HSE for almost 10 years. This is the worst I've seen it. Maybe letting temporary staff go. Contracts aren't going to be renewed.
It's going to get worse before it gets better.
For instance recent reports show that there are 48,000 more people signing on the dole.
If each one of these persons is the sole breadwinner for typical family of 4 you may be looking at almost 200,000 people added to the Medical Card lists.
If a person is entitled to a medical card they should get them unfortunately this comes from the HSE budget.
How realistically can this be budgetted for at the start of the year.

Does the Dept of Social Welfare have a budget set at the start of the year and run out midway through the year. Again if the 48,000 people are entitled to benefits the Dept should pay them and seek additional resources.

If the Dept of Finance or Social Welfare funded demand led schemes directly instead of passing the buck to the HSE the HSE may come within budget each year.

Hi Mrsk,

Just in relation to my previous post. Posted that at the end of last year having read a news report that recruitment ban would be lifted. Six months on and what you are saying has actually happened in my workplace i.e. Temp staff being let go, contracts not being renewed. Have worked in the HSE for 5 years myself.

Confused here, the HSE are adament that there is no ban on recruitment, rather greater cost control and when I picked up yesterdays Indo, there was pages of recrutiment ads for doctors/nurses etc. Accept they may be recruting far fewer people, but is it actually a ban?

There is no ban on recruitment. There is a ceiling on the staff numbers which cannot be breached. In an organisation employing 5% of the total workforce of the country this is entirely reasonable.

There is no ban on recruitment. There is a ceiling on the staff numbers which cannot be breached. In an organisation employing 5% of the total workforce of the country this is entirely reasonable.

I have a friend a eye doctor. When one of his collegues goes on maternity leave she is not replaced. Another reliable source tells me that when a physio/occupational theripist leaves or goes on maternity leave she/he is not replaced. the same two sources tell me every day of services being streched due to staff shortages.

I have a friend a eye doctor. When one of his collegues goes on maternity leave she is not replaced. Another reliable source tells me that when a physio/occupational theripist leaves or goes on maternity leave she/he is not replaced. the same two sources tell me every day of services being streched due to staff shortages.
I work in an organisation of 80 people. When one of us goes on leave (of any sort) we are not replaced. We just work harder/longer to get the work done.

Back