Ballybrack/Shankill

As I said previously, you could say that anywhere. I've been held up at knifepoint in Dalkey ffs.

I'd have no problem with my family being there at all.

Well Laurences as I'm sure you know is in the Wyattville area - which people have been recommending.....

Every single night in Ballybrack (Wyattville part) included there are scumbags hanging around the street. In one night last month 6 cars (including our old next door neighbours) were vandalized. It looked like a trail of destruction all the way from the Killiney shopping centre, through Wyattville right up to the main road at cherrywood.

They were caught on film at 1 house, but were wearing hoods. Everyone knows who they are but because their faces cant be seen thats that. Nothing can be done.

Place is full of scumbags. Not to say that all who live there are scumbags, but there enough to make life miserable there. Sure they knocked down a load of houses up near the village just to move the scum that was living with them out. It was easier than just trying to evict them.

Like i said before, take a walk around the whole area some night at about 10pm or so. Nothing like encountering a few scumbags on a walk around an estate to get a reality check.

I was wondering if Rathsallagh is still among the roughest areas in Shankill...

Still has a few gurriers in it, especially those houses that you see opposite the dart station beside the shops. Shanganagh Cliffs has some choice people living there too. Plenty of young residents on the wrong side of the law. Has made the papers a fair bit over the last number of years, young residents getting into trouble for serious crime. I wouldn't choose Rathsallagh for that reason. Steer clear. Go for a house in Shankill village or south of it, to avoid proximity to the scum.

Thanks a lot, MeathCommute. Do you happen to know the Olcovar area, we've seen a nice apartment there?

Olcovar is a very nice development, well tended always and I have never seen any anti social activity there & I am there several times a week. The apartments certainly look nice from the outside. It is across the road from the BBQ centre, which has a nice cafe and bakery. Very close to the playground side of Shanganagh park, and there is a creche on site. Bit of a walk from the DART station but the buses (145, 45 & 84) run just outside it.

Thanks a lot, MeathCommute. Do you happen to know the Olcovar area, we've seen a nice apartment there?

I know a few people living in the Olcovar development and they are very happy. Just outside it is the bus stop that serves Dublin city centre, and on the other side of the road serves Bray and Greystones. Across the road, you have the Lets Eat In takeaway and a cafe, contained within a small industrial estate. Shankill beach is around 15 minutes walk away, with a tennis club and crown bowls pitch, and GAA playing pitches en route. Shankill village around 5 minutes away. Bradys pub is nice. Tesco and Spar are in the village, and a new shopping centre is currently being built close to the Catholic church, which will contain a discount grocer I believe, but not Lidl or Aldi. You also have the Dart station around 15 minutes walk away. Even closer still is Shanganagh Castle park. Really nice park with an extensive child's play area. Olcovar is ideally situated. My only reservation is that apartment living wouldn't be for me, and they are probably overpriced for the space that you are getting, but other than that, the area has everything you need. You're also on the "right side" of Shankill and largely away from undesirables

Back