Good website for last minute US hotel deals?

mammyof2

I travel to the NY for work about 4 times a year and invariably end up staying in unusually grim hotels, booked by the organisation I work for, which aren't even particularly cheap.

I'm assuming that somewhere in the city there are probably last minute deals to be had which would involve a nicer hotel at the same price (or at the very least, a similarly grim hotel for cheaper!). Needs to be in Manhattan, preferably in or near mid-town. Any ideas? Lastminute.com never seems to have anything for much less than the list price on the hotel's website.

I find hotelclub.net quite good sometimes laterooms.com Booking.com is good for checking out what people think of the hotel and is also sometimes good for deals too.
You could alway try hosted or non hosted B&B for a different experience i.e. City Lights.
I know what company booked hotels can be like, expecially booked by a person who has not travelled further than the M50 :)

Its hard to beat Priceline.com 'name your own price' You don't select your hotel, you commit to paying a specified amount and they select the hotel for you but you can select class (4*, 5* etc) and region (eg NY Midtown).

Google Priceline bidding strategies for more.

Fully agree have a go at Priceline.

Got a nice hotel a few years back through this just make sure you specify the hotel you want as a 4 star and then the area that most appeals to you followed by a low price to begin with which you can up I think every 24 hours.

Go for it.

I generally use airbnb.com for apartments as cheap as hotel rooms.
If nothing is available there, or the ones left are too expensive for a particular date, I check alpharooms.com.
Normally, I do not need to go searching further than that :)

Back