Best White Goods

DerUnkle

I'm looking to get appliances for the kitchen and i'm wondering which are the best manufacturers?

i'm getting a FF, micro, double oven, gas hob and hood.

I've been quoted for Bosch , siemens and some zanussi, whould anyone know which manufactures to get and which to avoid.

thanks

Bosch, Miele, SMEG?

Look at bringing in from UK, there are a few good threads around here about this.

thanks,

i'm getting a quote from Watters in NI, for whirlpool, bosch and siemens - anyone know what whirlpool are like?

Some of those names mentioned (Miele, Bosch, Smeg etc) are top end quality but you pay for them.

I recently had a Zanussi condenser dryer develop a small fault and the guy who came to fix it had a chat about different brand names that he would recommend. He has been fixing white goods for 25 years.

He said that you don;t really need to spend too much to get good quality items. He said that Hoover, Whirlpool, Zanussi etc were all decent brands and worth spending the extra £20 or £30 on over the cheap brands. He said some of the cheaper brands can be very hit or miss. Mentioned likes of Beko, Daewoo etc - the newer sort of arrivals on the market.

Having said that I have a Beko fridge freezer for 8 years with no bother.

Steer clear of Beko fridge freezer. We have one. We bought it when we moved into our house. We thought the next door neighbours were "at it" like rabbits, several times a night creaking spring rhythmic sounds could be heard. The thing was the couple are in their mid sixties, and not exactly fit at that. We could not look them in the eye for months. It turned out to be the Beko FF in the end. Oh how we laughed!!

My Mum always reckoned Whirlpool washers and dryers were very good. It's always a good bet to talk to people who service the appliances you buy before making a decision if reliability is your main decision factor. If it isn't you're mad!

We have a Creda Fridge, Creda Freezer, Creda Cooker and a Panasonic Microwave for over 10 years. No problems at all and all working fine. Our Hotpoint dryer never gave a days trouble (maybe 6+ years now). Washing machines are murder, the best we've ever had is a Zanussi(Electrolux). I'd steer clear of Beko and other budget brands, and Whirlpool, oh and Candy are junk.

Bosch do a multifunction oven combined with a microwave. Cost about £600 (STG) when we bought it about two years ago. We also bought a multifunction oven for a similar price at the same time. We haven't used the latter once in that time as the combi does everything we need. (Multifunction refers to the fact that it can be used as a fan oven; conventional oven; top heat only; bottom heat only; top and bottom heat; grill.) The microwave function does not have a turntable, and has a top wattage of 900.
It's a great bit of kit which is highly recommended.

Bosch are one of the best names out there. The whirlpool range are good too and keaner on price. Make sure to send guarantee away for what ever make you buy..
Very important..

Just looking at some "Which" reports from last year :
Tumble Driers -Bosch , AEG, Miele all came out well. Indesit and Hotpoint were the worst.
Fridge Freezers - Best were Samsung , Siemens Miele Hotpoint LG
Washing Machines - These did well - Miele Whirlpool Zanussi Whirlpool Bosch Electrolux

Good makers of Fridges may not be also good makers of Washing machines. It is tempting to get a matching set - but might not be the best option

Back