growing tunnel plastic.

paddyjnr

I am presently building a lean to green house and I was thinking of covering it with fairly thick growing tunnel plastic instead of glass because the glass will work out very expensive,
I was just wondering where I could buy this type of plastic??
The frame for the greenhouse will be 12ft by 8ft and 8ft high.
Any suggestions welcome!!

There is a place just outside kilkenny on the callan/clonmel side (where the ploughing match was last yr), its called Highbank and thats what they sell, im sure they would be worth a call. No connection, just know that their main business is tunnells and an organic christmas tree farm when seasonal.

Hi a family member just got their hands on a disused shopping trolley steel bay (dont ask), it had five or six semi circles overhead so they decided to make a greenhouse out of it but got plastic stuff to cover it from some company in Birr who deliver for €25. Think I heard it cost €150 altogether to cover. Ill get back to you when I get their name. Maybe google company in birr.

I think that place in Birr is called Polydome, just downloaded their brochure, Thanks all. Just wondering would ordinary plastic do the same job??

Back