Barbeque recommendation

Luckycharm

I know I am mad as with an Irish summer we will probally not get to use it. Anyhow I want to get a new Barbacue and gas heater. I had one but it was a cheap one that fell apart. Can anyone recommend a decent one for the long term and where is the best/cheapest place to get one in South Dublin. Also one that is easy to put together as my DIY skills are not the best :p I am also looking for an outdoor gas heater so again any advice welcome.

Re: Barbacue recommendation

I would be a Webber man myself.

Yes they may be more expensive than the typical bbq but they are strong and durable and if I'm not mistaken come with a very long guarantee.

In other words a Webber is superior and will differentiate you from the other fine weather bbqer's!

Also whats this about needing fine weather for a bbq - I bbq regularily all year round.

I have an Outback BBQ, good and sturdy, runs on gas

Available from DIY/Hardwear stores

Them gas heaters seemed a waste, my cousin had one and the heat just got thrown out into the air, not down to the person(s) sitting below.

Gas heaters are on the way out, on environmental grounds, if they haven't already gone.
I'd get a nice firepit if I were you. It takes normal solid fuel and looks much better than those upright gas heaters.

Glumpy,

Can you explain the concept of a Firepit and how it works?

thanks

Its a freestanding or built in basket of sorts, made with metal or stone, where you light a fire outdoors using logs, briquettes, coal etc

This is like the ones I've seen in local hardwear shops

copper_firepit.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions I have heard of Webber is that a charcoal or gas BBQ not sure I have the patience for a charcoal one. Going to have a look around this sunday- I like the idea of a firepit and looking at the photo I presume you can easily in and out of a shed. My only concern would be I have 2 young kids would it a bit dangerous around them- I don't want something that I have to constantly watch the kids around.

Weber do both gas and charcoal - choice is yours but I have a preference towards coals to get that taste you just don't get from the gas ones I find. The fire pit could be dodge with kids as its very low but as you can see the model above has a cover to pretect from the actual solid fuel inside. Would need to be treated with the caution of any open fire i.e. like the one in a sitting room.

There is another type available more like an inbuilt fire which i have attached below. These things get bloody hot. Know of someone that had it in close proximity to a double glazed window outside and the heat off it cracked the glass in the window.

My choice would be the type below if i was getting one as they are sturdy and wont fill with rain water if left outside

[broken link removed]

The metal on any firepit will become hot from the emenating heat. Perhaps a stone enclosed one would be better for you?

Probably not what you want to hear, but I would recommend a large circular 'real' charcoal barbaque instead of gas any day. Much more fun, manly and atavistic.

Gas BBQ - pah! call yourself a hunter gatherer? ;)

Back