any chance of moving mortgage provider these days ??

Mizen

PTSB customer variable rate now 6.95%, my questions is are there any options anymore for switching mortgage provider ?

How much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What is the current value of your property?

I'm in a similar situation to Mizen.
I'm soon coming off a fixed rate (4.85%) with PTSB - 11 years left on mortgage.
From what I understand, I will be put on a much higher rate which I simply can't afford.
So I'm thinking of switching.
I'm just outside of negative equity i.e. mortgage = 127k, value of house = 160k (approx.)
I hear that very few banks are taking 'switchers' at the moment and that my only option might be KCB bank -is this true?
Does anybody have any advice - any experience of switching?
Should I approach the new bank myself or is it best to use a broker? How much do brokers charge?

I'm in a similar situation to Mizen.
I'm soon coming off a fixed rate (4.85%) with PTSB - 11 years left on mortgage.
From what I understand, I will be put on a much higher rate which I simply can't afford.
So I'm thinking of switching.
I'm just outside of negative equity i.e. mortgage = 127k, value of house = 160k (approx.)
I hear that very few banks are taking 'switchers' at the moment and that my only option might be KCB bank -is this true?
Does anybody have any advice - any experience of switching?
Should I approach the new bank myself or is it best to use a broker? How much do brokers charge?

I think you mean KBC, but you should try the other non-Irish ones if you have not already - Ulster and NIB. Getting a deal out of AIB/BoI in switcher can be like pulling teeth.

I think you mean KBC, but you should try the other non-Irish ones if you have not already - Ulster and NIB. Getting a deal out of AIB/BoI in switcher can be like pulling teeth.

Thanks, yes, I did mean KBC - I haven't tried any bank yet so I may try the ones that you mention.

Hi Mizen,
After a series of savage hikes in my EBS variable rate I decided to do something bout switching. AIB weren't taking any switchers, regardless of circumstances so they were out.

I applied to BoI. My wife and I have been current account holders with BoI for 20 years, and we both have relatively well-paid (relatively) secure jobs.

BoI accepted us at LTV<80%. The rate is quite low but as pointed out on this forum their rates are "under review", so they could easily turn around and do as EBS did at any time. Anyway, the difference in rates at the moment is about 1.5%, so I decided it was worth the risk. I want to build a garage so I needed a top-up anyway, so I would have had to take out a new mortgage of some sort regardless.

BoI were ok to deal with, but be prepared for months of form-filling and red tape. I applied in May and the cheque finally arrived in the solrs today.

PM me if you want any more info.

/M.

Back