Sjodalshus

Re: Sodalshus

Hmmmmm.........

Are they much better than all other joinery conmpanies

Any connection with Sodalshus Tones?

The geothermal company we spoke with recommended them as they import the windows from sweden where geothermal and underground heating has been used for 40 years. alot better UV value and retains the heat far better than irish windows.

In fairness, if Tones works for them I'd say he/she would have managed to spell their name correctly in the thread title and thread body when it had to be typed (as opposed to the link which was presumably copied and pasted). I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

If you click on the link, it's not a glazing company, they build entire Swedish style homes, of the kit variety I assume.

Yes, I saw that when I browsed their site, but Tones mentioned windows and also mentioned ************** who do not build homes but supply windows and doors - therefore, I presumed (maybe I picked it up wrong) that Tones was enquiring about windows. Alot of the window's that are imported open inwards and then you have a problem when trying to put up blinds and soft furnishings!

I am only curious as if any one has heard of them or there products. i was only put in touch with them yesterday and they seemed to be genuine. they said that the windows are imported from sweden and of a high quality, which is what i was interested in. as i was told that **************'s windows are not of the same quality and retains less heat than the swedish companies windows, it then defeats the purpose of installing windows if they lose heat and are of a high U Value

Tones,

Do they just supply windows if thats what a person is looking for have you got any indication on price in comparision to the likes of **************?

i asked the rep for a quote yesterday but as she said you cant give a quote unless dimensions are provided. i sent her my plans today but it will be 2 weeks before i get a quote back from sweden. i am only looking top see what they are like price wise compared to **************, who our builder intends using

Tones said:
i asked the rep for a quote yesterday but as she said you cant give a quote unless dimensions are provided. i sent her my plans today but it will be 2 weeks before i get a quote back from sweden. i am only looking top see what they are like price wise compared to **************, who our builder intends using

Fair enough-thanks for clarifying Tones.

One concern I would have is the time delay in getting products shipped from Sweden?

i thought of that too but we are waiting for the coucil in regards to our planning application so we have time on our side at the moment.....might be worth the wait if they are better

One concern I would have is the time delay in getting products shipped from Sweden?

Stocholm to Dublin: 24 hours
Dublin to rest of country: "we'll see what we can do!"

i didnt realise that this was an english grammar website,damson !
I think you took me up wrongly, Tones. I wasn't intending to be sarky about your spelling. I was simply responding to the fact that a previous poster seemed to be wondering whether yours was a genuine question or just a plug for Sjodalshus – obviously, the moderators have to guard against anyone using Askaboutmoney to plug their companies in the guise of a question; it's happened before and would obviously undermine the website if it became common. Based on the way your post was written, I thought you were a genuine punter and so I said so. That's all.

Regarding the question whether they open in or out... We went to see them a few weeks ago and talked to the representative. They open neither in nor out, they swing around a central axis iykwim, with several locking points. Hard to explain really.

We didn't get a quote after all, didn't have detailed plans when we went over and were just testing the grounds. For me personally the way they open is a bit ackward to be honest. They did seem to be very good though but I am looking for tilt and turn type of windows, preferably with roller shutters as they have in some places in the continent.

Hi Isabel,
Did you actually go to Sweden to look at them.
Do they supply only or will they measure Supply and Fit.
Also are they timber PVC or aluclad.

Thanks

No, we didn't go to Sweden at all, the importers of the windows are down in Cork and their own house has been built using those windows. When we rang she offered for us to come down and have a look at their house.

The windows are timber and did look fantastic, even though they had them painted in white, but she did have a few samples of them in the office that she uses to go to shows around Ireland (the self-build type of shows).

Can't tell you about the measure, supply and fit. Sorry!

Back