Miele dishwasher warning light

Optimistic

hi all. The inlet/drain red light came on our Miele dishwasher. I have checked and washed the filter and pump in the bottom of the internal of the dishwasher. Checked the inlet water and cannot find anything wrong. Is there something else that I can check before resorting to a call out, costing 120 euro plus VAT.Trying to avoid this at all costs if possible. Any advice on any other things I can do please. thanks.

It's probably just the water pressure is low. This used to happen on my Miele washingmachine - nothing wrong with the machine and I coudldn't do anything about the water pressure - just ignored it and clothes and machine were always fine.

It's probably just the water pressure is low. This used to happen on my Miele washingmachine - nothing wrong with the machine and I coudldn't do anything about the water pressure - just ignored it and clothes and machine were always fine.

The only problem is that the dishwasher won't work at all. Ours is a dish washer and not a washing machine. If it worked, I would chance it. There is no problem with our deep well pump and pressure seems to be ok. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Have this issue a few times, generally caused by not scraping food off plates or by labels on jars/tins.

If you haven't done this before it might be a good idea to dig out your user manual

So check each of the following:

1. filter at the base of the machine, remove and clean
2. remove each of the rotating arms, there may be up to three and check for blockages, flush with hot water
3. back to the filter again and undo the clip covering the valve to the pump (you might need to check your manual here), check and remove anything that might be blocking it.
4. pull the machine out from its slot and visually check around the motor, there may be something blocking it.
5. Check the inlet/outlet pipes while you have the machine out (more for preventative maintenance than anything else).

If you are still getting the inlet/outlet light then its time to call in the professionals.

Thanks Thirsty

Thanks again for the reply. We always rinse off all our food off all plates/jars etc before putting in for washing. I have checked the filter at the base and the clip covering the pump. I will try the rotating arms as I hadn't thought about them. Then will resort to pulling out the machine :-( and check the behind etc.

Thanks for the advice. All the best.

Have this issue a few times, generally caused by not scraping food off plates or by labels on jars/tins.

If you haven't done this before it might be a good idea to dig out your user manual

So check each of the following:

1. filter at the base of the machine, remove and clean
2. remove each of the rotating arms, there may be up to three and check for blockages, flush with hot water
3. back to the filter again and undo the clip covering the valve to the pump (you might need to check your manual here), check and remove anything that might be blocking it.
4. pull the machine out from its slot and visually check around the motor, there may be something blocking it.
5. Check the inlet/outlet pipes while you have the machine out (more for preventative maintenance than anything else).

If you are still getting the inlet/outlet light then its time to call in the professionals.

Back