AA Fuel Card offer: save 2c/l with Topaz

Branz

Father in law, an AA member wants to sign up for this.
the website asks for:

Please make sure that you have the following details to hand before you begin:

1. AA Membership / Policy No. for verification purposes
2. Email address for your PIN and e-Statement
3. Current account bank details for your direct debit
4. Vehicle registration number

Anyone know if 3 precludes cash purchases.
Thanks

Topaz....Directors include former Taoiseach Brian Cowen and former AIB MD Colm Doherty. I make it my business to never get fuel there

I have a TOPAZ fuel card. Each week the price for petrol is published. On Friday, the price for this week was set at 1.5204.

My local MAXOL station is selling petrol at a retail price of 1.509. My nearest TOPAZ station is selling petrol at a retail price of 1.569.

I no longer use my TOPAZ card.

3. Current account bank details for your direct debit
Anyone know if 3 precludes cash purchases.

In answer to the question asked, yes. All fuel purchased will be by presenting your card and providing your PIN. Your bank account then gets hit with a DD once a month.

That's the way it works for the TOPAZ card I have. If you don't have the card with you, you pay the retail price.

Also, there's a daily limit for the value of petrol you can buy. IIRC, it's EUR 100. I was caught out by that, more than once, on the rare occasions when both my car and my wife's car needed fills on the same day.

Topaz....Directors include former Taoiseach Brian Cowen and former AIB MD Colm Doherty. I make it my business to never get fuel there

Thanks for all the replies, case closed.
It seems Topaz is owned by Denis O'Brien...............

Back