First active offset t&c booklet

Junior79

Hello,
Just wondering has anyone out there the t&c booklet that came with the offset current account mortgage from first active circa 2004/2005?
Trying to move mortgage now to new build and having "issues" to say the least from UB.
Cheers

Will have a look tomorrow, might have one. Are you having problems with moving it to the new property? I always thought UB would try get out of that one but I read on another forum recently of people who were managing to move it as it allows.

Thanks wbbs, yeah we are building new home and want to bring offset with us. They are making things difficult. Latest they have told us is that you can't move it to a house you are building, only one you are buying.....go figure!

Did you get the booklet. I have it if you still need it. My version is dated 4/2/2003

I have had huge problems operating this account since UB took over. The staff just don't seem to be trained in this product.

Having said that you do seem to be asking a lot. The mortgage is secured against the original property, if you sell it it is not unreasonable that they want you to redeem the mortgage.

But you never know. UB haven't a clue when it comes to this product.

When trying to withdraw funds under the facility arrangement I have (seriously) stood blocking the doorway of my local branch and shouting for all to hear that i wouldn't leave until I got my money.

Instead of calling the guards, they agreed to release the money and I subsequently got an apology and compensation for the delay. That was 3 years ago.

Just recently I withdrew some more money from this account. They sent me about 6 BS letters asking for stuff they were not entitled to or I had already sent them. It took them 6 weeks to make the transfer. I fully expect to be compensated for this delay as well.

Sorry just wanted to get that off my chest.

Hi cremeegg, thanks for reply, still in talks with UB. Unreal u had all the bother with drawing down facility, we had none! Literally took couple of days for them to get paperwork in order we went in and signed and had money in our account less than week later. It was substantial amount too. Maybe it depends branch to branch

Cremeegg, not at all unreasonable of Junior79 to be trying to transfer the mortgage after selling the property it was originally secured on. This was one of the much publicised features of this product, the fact that you could transfer it from property to property without redeeming it.

It is a complex product and there is no doubt that very few UB personnel have any clue about it, your best bet is to find some of the original First Active lending staff which are still in some of the UB branches or in Head Office. There is someone who posts on the banking & finance forum on Boards that is obviously an employee of UB and seems to know the product very well, I have seen them answer several detailed questions about it before.

Hi Cremeegg
I too am looking for the t&c booklet - also having a long ongoing dispute with ulster bank and its handling of our mortgage account
I would be really grateful for a copy of the booklet if possible?
Thanks a mil

Might still have t&c's too.
Might take a few weeks to find them though. My broker definitely has them, if I don't. He's meticulous with the paper work.

Hi Cremeegg
I too am looking for the t&c booklet - also having a long ongoing dispute with ulster bank and its handling of our mortgage account ��
I would be really grateful for a copy of the booklet if possible?
Thanks a mil

If you send me your email address I will send you a copy.

UB Offset Mortgage

Hi Cremeegg,I was told by Ulster Bank by phone yesterday that the Offset Tracker mortgage is "portable".
Said it to my local branch manager who seemed to dismiss it
Would like to see if that is stated in the terms and conditions.

Would you happen to have a copy you can share with me.

Many thanks.

It definitely is, it can be transferred from property to property without having to redeem it, one of the main features of the product. Most UB staff have no clue of the workings of this product as they never issued them so I wouldn't take any notice of what your local manager thinks, get them to check with the lending dept in Head Office.

Busybee

Probably not a good idea to be putting your email address up in public. I have deleted it and PMd it to CremeEggg.

Brendan

only just noticed this now,

House moves are possible on the offset mortgage.
its a feature of it.
ring the telephony, then ask them to ask their loan offers team can a housemove happen on offset.

Terms relating to drawing down on the additional facility. UB are of the impression that a draw down constitutes "new borrowing" and are requesting certain additional terms that I disagree with and want to check the terms of the additional draw down facility.

Letter of offer is silent on the point, and refers to the the general and special terms and conditions document.

Ideally I would like to read the full T&C and set out the relevant references in a letter to UB.

Back