Home insurance - automatic renewal by broker?

Brokers are also obliged under regulations to provide the best quote for they're client so brokers will shop around for the best price on behalf of their client.

You must be joking. They will not shop around unless you threaten to leave them and go else where. All they do is give you the renewal from the current insurer.

As regards to automatic renewals I have noticed on my insurance certs that they are often issued months before my renewal dates. Seems standard enough practice with brokers.

You must be joking. They will not shop around unless you threaten to leave them and go else where. All they do is give you the renewal from the current insurer.

I would like to dispute your claim that all brokers are lazy.
I am a broker.
I have just spent the second Sunday in a row processing motor renewals and busting my chops to give my customers the best value available in the market by offering cheaper quotes or getting insurers to match competing quotes. I pass them on the reduced price without the customer even asking.
I know I have to do this to stay competitive and attract/retain business. Not all brokers are the same.

Back