Book hotel using TripAdvisor - questions

Mers1

Hi,

I have been looking at hotel ratings on Tripadivsor.com and they are quite informative. However, if deciding to use the option to book a hotel the webiste automatically checks a number of other providers e.g. Expedia, hotel.com etc to get the best rate. Has anyone had any experience booking hotels this way??

Basically I just spoke with the hotel directly (Sheraton Toronto) and they have told me that they have a lot or problems with 3rd party bookings like this. Is this a ploy so people book directly with them and pay a higher rate??:confused:

any information would be great.
Many thanks

I've used tripadvisor successfully for this. From what I remember they have a list of a dozen or so 3rd parties which you can select or deselect. It then opens a separate browser for each one & you manually check which one gives you the best deal. Not all are the same currency, or include breakfast for example.

It has been mentioned before on AAM that you are in some cases better off booking with the hotel if the rate is the same. The terms and conditions with some of the hotel booking sites are restricted and if something happens you will lose your full payment. If you book with the hotel in most cases they will only take the first night's payment. It pays to read the T&Cs carefully.

Back