Sun holiday in early May

Any of the Canaries, preferably Lanzarote. Weather should be nice, prices should be reasonable and not too crowded. Plenty of options regarding accomodation.

Weather should be very good in May in all canary islands.
Wintertime, gran canaria is possibly more consistenty clear.

Do you just mean that Lanzarote is your preference or are you implying that the weather is better there than the other Canary Islands?

I think if it's actual best sun hours p/day location then Puerto Rico on Gran Canaria has that honour I think. However for that slightly more laid back location & some quite interesting sights, then I'd have to agree with Oldtimer , Lanzarote would be my preference also. ( heading there for 10th time next month ) May would be a good time anywhere in Canaries though, generally talking heading for high 20's to 30 deg. check out or for more info.

the canaries, we went to puerto rico ,gloria palace amadores and it was beautiful, weather was fab around same time, kid friendly too

The Canaries.
For me Fuerteventura is the only place, very laid back and not over crowded. check out www.fuerteventura.com for info.
I was only in Lanzarote twice and it rained each time but have friends that go there regular and love it.

if it is during leaving cert week - then Ireland should be good

Isn't leaving cert not starting until 05 June ? Hope it's not early May or my son will be mental !!!! That being said, whenever the leaving cert starts, the weather will always take a turn for the better. I think it's some meteorologically examinationally co-alignment :rolleyes:

Back