Malta

Astonished by the comment about poor quality food. The Fortina has six a la carte restaurants and the food in each was superb. Staff very friendly and helpful to the extent of making scrambled eggs for my wife one evening when she wasn't feeling too well and couldn't face anything more. This was in the Vietnamese/fusion restaurant.

I've been to Malta a number of times and loved it each time. I don't understand how anybody could say the people were unfriendly. We were nearly adopted by a local bar owner :D(off the tourist track) and without a doubt one of the friendliest hotel staff I ever encountered works in the Meridien St. Julians!

The scenery is fabulous and there is something for all tastes - the history and culture of the island is fascinating.

You can get very cheap flights now with Ryanair and as they are in the Euro now as of Jan 1st, I would recommend it to anybody!

Are Ryanair the only ones flying direct from Ireland to Malta, and can anyone tell me how far the airport they land at is away from civilisation (Luga or ?) !?

Are Ryanair the only ones flying direct from Ireland to Malta, and can anyone tell me how far the airport they land at is away from civilisation (Luga or ?) !?

Air Malta used to fly direct from Dublin for about €250 return (and throw in a couple of soft drinks FOC). The whole island of Malta is the size of Co Dublin so the airport is VERY close to civilisation. It's about 15 min driving from Luqa to St George's Bay.

Back