Move Contacts From One Phone To Another??

Ballyman

Heres my problem.

I have a Sony Ericsson K608i piece of crap with 3. It has my head wrecked for the last two months trying to use it as the navigation button has taken on a life of its own. Also, the 3 network isn't for me. I have to charge the phone every day as battery use on a 3G network is very bad. I also travel with work and have found there are no 3 roaming agreements in some countries. [broken link removed]

I have decided to pay off the remaining two months of my contract and jump ship back to 02.

Now, as this SIM or phone is locked to 3, I cannot put another SIM into it nor move my current SIM to another phone so I can copy the contacts from it and download them to my new phone. My gf also has one of those little devices that stores your contacts for you from your SIM but it won't work in that either.

I have over 200 contacts on my phone at present and don't want to manually enter each and every one of them onto my new phone again.

So, my question is this. How in the name of god do I get all my contacts from my 3 SIM in a Sony K608i onto my new 02 SIM in a Nokia 7360 without having to do it manually??

BTW, I haven't bought the 7360 yet. Is it any good?? Could you recommend something else? I only want a phone with triband, not an MP3 player or 3G or anything else. Just a simple phone!! Nokia only also. [broken link removed]

Thanks for any help.

Heres my problem.

I have a Sony Ericsson K608i piece of crap with 3. It has my head wrecked for the last two months trying to use it as the navigation button has taken on a life of its own. Also, the 3 network isn't for me. I have to charge the phone every day as battery use on a 3G network is very bad. I also travel with work and have found there are no 3 roaming agreements in some countries. [broken link removed]

I have decided to pay off the remaining two months of my contract and jump ship back to 02.

Now, as this SIM or phone is locked to 3, I cannot put another SIM into it nor move my current SIM to another phone so I can copy the contacts from it and download them to my new phone. My gf also has one of those little devices that stores your contacts for you from your SIM but it won't work in that either.

I have over 200 contacts on my phone at present and don't want to manually enter each and every one of them onto my new phone again.

So, my question is this. How in the name of god do I get all my contacts from my 3 SIM in a Sony K608i onto my new 02 SIM in a Nokia 7360 without having to do it manually??

BTW, I haven't bought the 7360 yet. Is it any good?? Could you recommend something else? I only want a phone with triband, not an MP3 player or 3G or anything else. Just a simple phone!! Nokia only also. [broken link removed]

Thanks for any help.

Sony Ericsson, in common with Nokia, Motorola and others, usually provide software to synchronise with Outlook, over Bluetooth or a serial cable. Did anything like this come with it on a CD?

In fact, the 3 website says it has Outlook synch.

So you can synch with Outlook and then ensure that the phone you buy also has this capability.

Use Outlook. That's what I had to do when I joined 3 to get my contacts onto their phone.

I'm counting the days till the end of my contract as well. Watch out in the next 2-3 months when they'll be in the country around about 1 year, to see a drop in subscribers when everyone jumps ship.

Back