Re-mortgage

P

paule

Currently finalising re-mortgage.
Moving from AIB to BOI for various reasons (including releasing a
little equity).

Last thursday I rang my current Bank (went through security questions etc) and asked for my current mortgage balance so I could pay it off. They refused to give out the figure over the phone!

My solicitor did the same and got the same answer, so he requests that AIB post out the redemption figures to his office. The letter only arrived this morning because of week-end/Bank Holiday etc. But now the figures are inaccurate because more interest has accured because of mail delay.

So my solicitor has to write another cheque to cover the difference, so I rang bank to find out how much I owe and they still won't tell me over the phone. I have to wait for another letter!!!

It's almost like AIB don't want me to pay it off. Its mental.

And your question is?

If you called into your branch they might have been more helpful. It can be difficult getting redemption figures especially when the banks themselves seem to change their systems all the time. Just a few days ago I was trying to redeem a clients AIB mortgage and received with their title deeds a pre-printed form which said on it clearly that it was to be faxed to the branch when redemption figures were needed. So I did that. And the branch refused to give them, saying it was for Head Office only to do it- even though their own paperwork said the opposite.

And normally AIB are one of the sanest banks to deal with!

Back