will the ROS VRT Calculator ever be updated new ford fiesta

NOAH

I was looking at a ford fiesta titanium 2014 5 dr 1.0l ecoboost 100bhp version from a uk site called motorpoint, its 6 months old ie jan 2014, but when I check the vrt calculator there is no such model listed!! the new ford fiesta has only a few variants like style, zetec, titanium and titanium x.

I cant calculate the vrt payable but will ros ever update the calculator to reflect new models?

can I write to them to get a quote?

You need to contact NCTS who will then contact the VRT people in Rosslare for a quote.

As a Jan reg, it'll turn 6 months in July so may get updated then. I hear they can be slow to add new models though.

Does it have more than 6k miles?

thanks both. Its gets more peculiar. The local NCTS was closed for lunch today when I called at 12.50pm. Sign said lunch from 1.00 to 1.30. I went on NCTS website and rang vrt number and a recorded mesaage refers you to local tax office for VRT queries. The NCTS site also staes it sends detail of car to revenue who then bill you for the VRT.

I have emailed the local vrt office and asked how I get an advance quote.

The calculator is way off beam, it does not mention Fiesta Zetec, or Titanium or Zetec S. ie it misses out all the latest specs for the New Fiesta. And the new ecoboost engine is excluded as well.

I have checked a few fiestas ie from Sept 2013 and from january 2014. I am not going over until mid july. And they will all have more than 6k miles. The spec is so much better in uk. The titanium here is only 82bhp and same as zetec in uk!! I like that new engine, 100bhp in a titanium must be sweet.

the CO2 is 99g/km so low vrt but it would be nice to know in advance. I have not brought a car since 2007 and it has changed since then. You would have thought with all the imports that the VRT site would be kept up to date. weird.

this is the reply I got from the local VRT office " Unfortunately V.R.T no longer give V.R.T prices and what is on the Revenue website is the only way of working out the V.R.T. prices"

I find this hard to believe. Is this lawful ie prevent one from getting an estimate for possible VRT in advance?

Bet they are too busy with local property tax.

Back