electric ireland gave a discount to switch to dd and online billing but then withdrew

NOAH

I am checking things more thoroughly lately and querying stuff a lot, should have done it sooner but I was surprised when I went to check my electric to find I had been moved from a supsersaver tariff to the standard domestic after 12 months. And the writing is so small on the online bill it took ages to spot it.

I checked back on the paperwork and yes it did state it expires after 12 months but as I was saving them paper billing they discount should have stood. Can electric legally do this?

And why is stuff hidden on that website, I cant find the times for nightsaver yet! So I had to ring them.

You say that the paperwork specifies expiration after 12 months. Isn't that just what happened or are you saying your ebilling discount was removed in error?

I checked back and read the paperwork and the first impression you get is that the 6% discount for going paperless is permanent BUT it was combined with an actual price reduction that was withdrawn after 12 months. So in effect the discount for going paperless was withdrawn as well.

All I can say it is sneaky and typical. I am switching back to paper. and cancelling the DD.

I had a very pushy salesperson call to my door yesterday trying to get me to switch my gas bill from Bord Gais to Electric Ireland and bundle the lot with them. She actually put her foot inside my door and kept saying "so you don't want to save money" when I pointed out that I was just about to go out and couldn't talk at the moment.
I certainly don't want to switch my gas bill to them if after a year the pricing changes and there is lots of small print.

Back