flying shannon-heathrow-vancouver BA but AL from shannon-boarding passes?

NOAH

I have booked with BA and they use AL for the shannon-heathrow bit. I cant book in online for the shannon bit but can for the heathrow - vancouver bit, ie print boarding passes etc. However I am a bit worried this might muck up the check in at shannon as I want bags checked in all the way to vancouver. By getting passes online I can save hassle. BA wont answer the phone!!

noah

Check-in at Shannon and don't check-in online for the other journeys as you will mess up the baggage forwarding.

You're not really saving much hassle by checking in online and you would be risking missing baggage.

thank you, exactly my thoughts and you are a lot faster than BA, no anwer on phone so have given up and do as you advise.

noah

I flew Dublin - Heathrow - NY last year with BA (Aer Lingus for the Dub-Heathrow leg). I checked in online on the Aer Lingus site for the Dub-LHR leg, and there was no problem checking the bags through.

I returned Miami - Heathrow - Dublin (again AL for the LHR-Dub leg) and did the same - checked in online on the AL site for their bit, and on the BA site for their bit. Baggage checked through without a hitch.

@gipiman, my BA itinerary states online check not available for the Shannon Heathrow bit and I only have a BA flight ref!

How did you use aer lingus site with a BA ref? OR how did you do it?

noah

Just and update, tried book ref and flight no. but no joy. No worries, worth a try.

noah

Did it not recognise the reference number or did it just not allow you to check in? You can't check in with AL until 24 hrs before the flight.

Back