Self employed, where to keep my taxes?

dazzerb

I work for myself and will be paying my self employed taxes once a year. I have a good idea how much I need to keep aside each month to cover my tax bill in 2011 but anyone have a suggestions on a very safe place with some type of return/growth that I can stash this cash each month. I'd certainly like to get 6.7% interest like our government pays!

Thanks!

them putting it in bank, you can pay amount on direct debit to revenue each month

I would not pay the good folks in revenue in advance, unless they were giving me interest for the pleasure of receiving monies in advance of being due.

I work for myself and will be paying my self employed taxes once a year. I have a good idea how much I need to keep aside each month to cover my tax bill in 2011 but anyone have a suggestions on a very safe place with some type of return/growth that I can stash this cash each month. I'd certainly like to get 6.7% interest like our government pays!

Thanks!

dazzerb - I recommend what another poster said in a previous thread, invest in a secure home safe and store the money for the taxman in there every week, you wont earn any interest but then again you wont stand the chance of losing your money should our banks go belly up.

dazzerb - I recommend what another poster said in a previous thread, invest in a secure home safe and store the money for the taxman in there every week, you wont earn any interest but then again you wont stand the chance of losing your money should our banks go belly up.

Robbery and Fire might be an issue. How would you transfer the payment to the taxman?

Plan is to pay as last minute as possible.

Thinking about opening an account with Zurich and investing (conservatively) from there.

Anyone use Zurich?

Your not going to get safety and high return anywhere

If you worried about the banks and want a safe guarantee then stick it in Rabo. They pay 2%

I'm confused why anyone might feel any other bank would be safer than one of the Irish banks, up to the published guarantee limit, other than pure fear for the sake of fear, regardless of the facts??

Back