Business Diploma

B

Brian

As a non business person interested in the subject, I am looking into commencing a distance learning business diploma course from the Kilroy College in Dublin. Before I take the plunge, is there anyone out there who has done the course, know of the college and are willing to give an opinion. Also can anyone recommend an alternative business course provider if necessary. I have one or two ideas for a new business but no business background, hopefully this course will give me an entry level knowledge.

Thanks

Brian

Hi Brian - I don't know much about Kilroy's, but I do know that 'distance learning' isn't for everybody. It requires a substantial amount of self-discipline and motivation. I know I'd find it difficult to 'get the head down' and start studying. You also operate in a vacuum, as you have no tutors/classmates to bounce questions off.

If this is a totally new area to you, are you sure that distance learning will suit you?

Thanks for the reply rainyday. I have done some distance learning on engineering subjects before and I do have the time and willpower to knuckle down as required. However, before I fork out the cash, I was hoping to get an opinion of the product that Kilroy supply.

Brian

Courses

USDs Smurfit Business School offer an Entrepreneurial course, but you'd need to attend the course in Dublin.

I've never heard of Kilroy college.

Hi Brian,

No offense to Killroys, I don't know if they are good or bad.

However, an alternative course you might want to check out, before you do sign up is the ACCA's Diploma.

Full info available from their office in Dublin, with the option of attending lectures on a part time basis (think it's one evening a week) or via distance learning.

A good course, imho & I have nothing to do with the ACCA btw (other than having done the course, that is :) )

regards

G>

Back