can't find legal apprenticeship - advice on study in UK??

LB25

I really need some advice on Legal Practice Courses in the UK. I have failed to find my apprenticeship in Ireland since doing my FE1 exams three years ago and considering other options. I know theres the College Of Law but is there another provider of LPC's? Finding the closing dates for applications for 2009/10 is proving difficult. Did anyone chose to go down this route and did they find placements in the UK subsequently? Would anyone recommend it or is the position for trainee solicitors just as bad over there??

I really need some advice on Legal Practice Courses in the UK. I have failed to find my apprenticeship in Ireland since doing my FE1 exams three years ago and considering other options. I know theres the College Of Law but is there another provider of LPC's? Finding the closing dates for applications for 2009/10 is proving difficult. Did anyone chose to go down this route and did they find placements in the UK subsequently? Would anyone recommend it or is the position for trainee solicitors just as bad over there??

Have a google for the LPC and you'll find lists of providers. The UK Law Society has them too. The position there is not so different to here AFAIK. They also has a property bubble which is deflating and are letting people go, cutting pay etc. Have a look at www.rollonfriday.com. If you post there you might get some first-hand replies. Be warned though, they do bite....

Back