advice re workplace bathroom

monte

I have been trying to find info on Health and Safety Reg's regarding proximty of toilets to employees etc but to no avail.
Can anyone shed some light on this?

Have you tried just speaking to them about it?
Quoting H&S legislation in the first conversation would seem a bit confrontational.

Oh yes Purple, have tried extensively but to no avail.
I don't want to be confrontational whatsoever, however the situation is being dealt with quite unfairly that is why I was hoping for some sort of health and safety concerns to add weight to our case.

According [broken link removed] to link "the sanitary conveniences shall be so arranged as to be conveniently accessible to persons at work at all times while they are at the site and shall where practicable be close to the washing facilities"
I don't see anything about toilets being in the same building.

Oh yes Purple, have tried extensively but to no avail.
I don't want to be confrontational whatsoever, however the situation is being dealt with quite unfairly that is why I was hoping for some sort of health and safety concerns to add weight to our case.

Go Unisex! After a few visits to the loo, I'm sure there will be a lot of support for a change.....

Jim.

There definitely is a health and safety booklet with very specific guidelines on workplace sanitation....

[broken link removed]

I'm sure I have a more specific document bookmarked at work with much more detail than that...will post it tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies.
Shesells, I have heard there are specific guidelines alright, I just can't find them online myself, so if you can post them that would be really helpful, cheers.

Go Unisex! After a few visits to the loo, I'm sure there will be a lot of support for a change.....

Jim.

A number of companies are doing that, Northern Bank Head Office in Belfast has them for example, it's the policy of their owner, Danske Bank.

I've worked in places where there were unisex loos - usually cubicles only, no urinals.

Use the current toilet arrangements as an excuse to have a nice walk everytime you need to go...

Back