Golf for beginners

Shaz

Hi, I am thinking about starting golf lessons. Where can I go for this in dublin /kildare area? What about golf courses? Is golf an expensive hobby? What kind of money are we talking about? Thanks.

There is a driving range on the road between Lucan and Celbridge. I have never used it myself but have recently seen them advertise golf lessons. From memory, they were doing some sort of "4 lessons for the price of 3" special.
You could check them out.

Hi Shaz,

I am on golf lesson number 3. I decided i wouldn take it up as most of my (male) friends appeared to be playing and i enjoy the technical aspect of the game, plus the fact it is NOT easy. I had never picked up a club before, and don't understand the rules of the game at the moment, but i am enjoying it so far.

I have lessons in Carlow Golf Club, with the pro there. I have individual lessons (€47 per go) but i think most places would be offering group lessons, especially this time of year. Most golf courses offer lessons so call around. Ask friends who play for recommendations. I have been told not to head down the driving range at this stage as i could start putting errors into my swing, so i happily dehead all the daisies in my garden for practice! :D

Back