not received garda fine,remind them?

fredg

stopped on 30/12/09,
120mph on 100mph zone.my fault,no problem,
hav'nt recieved fine yet and am just wondering
should i ring fine office to see what the story is?
i just dont want/need hassle down the line if its
thought that i ignored the fine and have to go to court etc.
thanks.
sorry if in wrong forum.

Re: not recieved garda fine,remind them?

I wouldn't worry too much tbh if it were me, its early days yet imho

It's early days indeed and it may well arrive in the post soon. The turn around in issuing notices has come down rapidly, but it is only a little over 2 weeks at this stage. I too would want to to just pay up and get it over with. However the onus is on the Gardas to issue the notice to you, if you are worried contact the Garda Traffic corp or you local station.

pacific is corect is up to the garda to issue it may take him a week o two to send it out but dont panic it may not come at all

was stopped in 2008 for doing 20kmh above speed limit, it never arrived. In dec 09, stopped again but this time got the notice just under 2 weeks ago.

You could be lucky - think the Gardai have 12 months to issue notice ? If I am wrong I stand corrected

Are ya mad? It may be it was not processed as happen sometimes. If so you got away with it as the guard in question may have wanted to finish ealry on the day etc.
Having said that I got a notice of an offence once 6 MONTHS after it happened.
Sit tight and quiet...

I got a speeding fine last year and it tool 4-5 weeks for it to come through

the gardai have 6 months to the date to issue a ticket so keep quiet for now and avoid the postman...

If so you got away with it as the guard in question may have wanted to finish ealry on the day etc.

or may be extremely overworked and not had the opportunity to process it yet..

Back