TRS not changed to 30%

UB still not updated, I will be getting the same as Jan. which is 25% instead of 30%.

With Ulster Bank & mine still hasn't changed either :mad:
I bet if we were all having a rate decrease it would have been sorted on the 1st of January!

The thing is to change the trs rates, it is not that simple, they have to do testing and update their mortgage systems to get the new trs rates to work, and in the end we will still get the same amount if trs over the year no matter if they changed the systems on jan 1st or dec 1st

The thing is to change the trs rates, it is not that simple, they have to do testing and update their mortgage systems to get the new trs rates to work, and in the end we will still get the same amount if trs over the year no matter if they changed the systems on jan 1st or dec 1st

Seriously it can't be that hard. It's a bit of a joke if thats the excuse. I'm with AIB and they have managed to put my TRS back up to 25%. How could it be that hard to edit a couple of lines to change the 25% to 30%. It's not some super hard calculation!

uptomyeyesin-good news for you I think, I just called KBC and they advised we are still on 25% the increase this month we got was based on a 5 week month- 30% won't hit March or April and will be backdated :)

Last time they changed the TRS rate UB did not apply it until April/May I think. Clamed it was "hard coded" into their systems and would take ages to change.
No backdating that time, just increased the amount of the credit for the remaining few months.

Seriously it can't be that hard. It's a bit of a joke if thats the excuse. I'm with AIB and they have managed to put my TRS back up to 25%. How could it be that hard to edit a couple of lines to change the 25% to 30%. It's not some super hard calculation!

yes it can be
when they decided to change the rates and bands a couple of years ago, all the banks had a 6 month lead in time to get their systems updated to accomodate all the different fields.
the banks have to make sure all is working on all of their mortgage platforms before they can proceed.
otherwise it could mean under or over payments

most if not all banks are giving their customers 25% as this rate is already built in to their systems.

and the way the financial systems are these days, everything is double and triple checked and then checked by independant people and then they test it and then put it into wider circulation.
it takes time.

Has there been any confirmation from the government about people that bought in late 2008? We bought in December 2008 and had a three month moratorium so our first payment is in 2009.

Any idea if the qualifying date is based on the purchase date, draw-down date, or the first repayment date? All info that I have seen indicates purchase date, which is surely the purpose of this TRS, to help people who bought at 2008 prices and rates.

FYI KBC have now made the TRS adjustment, I received Jan & Feb amount for Feb. Its not a lot (11€ PM) but hey I will take it thank you very much :)

uptomyeyesin-good news for you I think, I just called KBC and they advised we are still on 25% the increase this month we got was based on a 5 week month- 30% won't hit March or April and will be backdated :)

We bought in 2008, made our first repayment in December 2008, our mortgage is with KBC, haven't had any communication from them with respect to TRS but our TRS has gone down each month since December. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Has anybody else NOT received the increased TRS yet?
I have just seen my May payment for my Ulster Bank mortgage and there is no change to it.

I have just seen my May payment for my Ulster Bank mortgage and there is no change to it.

We haven't seen ours yet. We spoke with revenue and they estimated that it might not be august till we see ours, with the backdated amounts being spread over the remaining months of the year. We're with ICS but we are not a straightforward case, having bought and moved in in 2008 but paid our first mortgage payment in 2009. There was some confusion in revenue about whether or not we qualified for it.

My TRS is substantially higher this month. I'm assuming this means that the 30% increase has been applied and backdated.

Did anybody else with KBC notice the same?

Yes. I haven't. And I bought in 2004 so it has stopped completely for me until they make the update to the system. And its not looking like being this side of July!

I am with PTSB, I rang them today to ask when the new rate would apply. They said that revenue are holding things up & not given them the new details for their customers yet. She said she had no idea when they would get the details from revenue, but once they did it would take about a week to update their system. Seems strange that other banks have received the details from revenue??

We're with AIB and still on the old rate TRS this month. It's a complete joke to suggest it takes this long.

I am just off the phone with Revenue, PTSB have not updated their systems to handle the change to 30% yet (Lovely girl who is very helpful in Revenue). She also flagged that sometimes PTSB instead of calculating the refund due and spreading it over the remaining months of the year (which would free up spare cash for the last 6 month) they apply it as a lump sum and send you out a statement at year end.

I am on hold with PTSB who still cannot confim when this will be applied, they tried once again to blame Revenue (I shut them up quick enough) and I have asked them to confirm that they will not apply the monies owed as a lump sum. The reason I am on hold is because I have asked them to confrim it in writing to me!

PTSB are going to call me back to confirm whether they can actually send out a letter confirming they will not take the monies owed as a lump sum (seriously), but amyone with PTSB might not be a bad idea to keep ringing them asking when the TRS will be applied as they don't seem in any hurry to apply it!!

Last edited:
This is very annoying. We will actually be giving up our TRS at the end of June as will be emigrating and renting out the house. All this talk of backdating - will that even apply to us?

allie12 I was very suspicious of PTSB yesterday on the phone when they blamed the revenue! I had a feeling they were telling white lies (as usual with them over the phone). She actually said to me that once they get the details from the revenue it will only take a week to update their systems!!!! What a load of .....

Kaza, call them back- tell them you are onto revenue, ask that the owed monies not be applied as a lump sum and get them to confirm in writing. If enough people keep at them they may just buck up!!

Back