Are wheelchair taxi journeys more costly than regular taxi?

marcellaf

That's it in a nutshell really - does it cost an awful lot more to hire a wheelchair taxi than a regular taxi?
From my earlier post, my Dad will soon be going in to a nursing home and will need a wheelchair taxi for any journeys from there. My brother thought he heard one of the nurses saying something about 200 euro for a trip of only about 15 miles - is this the case?

That's it in a nutshell really - does it cost an awful lot more to hire a wheelchair taxi than a regular taxi?
From my earlier post, my Dad will soon be going in to a nursing home and will need a wheelchair taxi for any journeys from there. My brother thought he heard one of the nurses saying something about 200 euro for a trip of only about 15 miles - is this the case?

That's probably what taxi drivers charge the HSE when the HSE is picking up the tab. Yet another reason why the HSE wastes so much money.

There might be an extra charge for the wheelchair - the same way there is an extra charge for luggage - but the journey cost is the same.

Back