Liverpool Airport

divadsnilloc

I am flying from Liverpool airport next Thursday with hand luggage only using the on line check in facility with Ryanair. Does anybody know if the one bag only situation still applies and if they weigh your hand luggage at the departure gate? I know that hand luggage is weighed at the gate in Stansted so I'm curious if the same practice has been implemented in other UK airports?

Thanks,
Dave
:confused:

It travelled Cork > Stansted > Cork last week. I used 'online check-in' with one large bag and no one weighed it.

they don't weigh your hand luggage at the departure gate but if it looks bulky or if you look like you are struggling a bit they will pick up on it.
Technically, at least from the DAA and their security guys perspective, the one bag rule doesn't apply from Dublin (flew this morning on a Ryanair flight with a case and a small bag and saw someone else with a case and a laptop bag), security certainly don't bat an eyelid in Dublin and I think the restrictions were eased at LJL as well. However RyanAir have retained the rule, the reason they gave was that the restrictions were not universally lifted in the UK so they don't want to confuse matters, however if you check in online you should be alright with a small bag if it looks like a handbag or a laptop bag :) Don't try taking two full bags though, they will pick up on that. Another one I use is that I buy something small after security and use the handy plastic bag, Ryanair don't seem to mind how many of those you bring on board!

I was in Liverpool last weekend, the one bag rule still applies. I was stopped for having a handbag and a carry on bag, I had to put my handbag into the other carry on bag. My carry on bag was weighted at check-in, not sure of the situation with online check in.

Most UK airports including Liverpool INSIST you only have one bag as you go through security....which means for women, leaving space in your hand baggage for your handbag!! The airlines, even Ryanair, don't mind hand baggage AND a handbag. The security staff are obviously just following rules to the letter of the law though because as soon as you get through security, they have no difficulty with you removing your handbag from your hand baggage right in front of them.

Back