Title on a civil bill

A11

Is it good enough to just write the firms name (as defendant) on a civil bill? Would a case be thrown out if it was just the firms name on the civil bill?

You need to give some context. It's impossible to know what you are asking otherwise. Are you issuing a civil bill? Or are you a defendant?

mf

I have issued the civil bill but fear that by just putting down the name of the firm as defendant will result in it being thrown out of court for lack of mentioning the partners of the firm.

Do you know what 'issued' means? You can't amend after issuing unless by judicial consent.

If it was a partnership you have to sue all the partners. Withdraw that Civil Bill and start again.

If the defendant is a limited company, you can sue the company. Check first in CRO that it is still in existence.

Consider getting a solicitor. Litigation can be senior hurling.

Withdraw that civil bill and start again.

Can I do this on the day of the trial?

Will a judge allow me to do this?

Could I still get a judgement against the firms name?

Is it likely the case will be thrown out and I will have to pay costs?

Withdraw that civil bill and start again.

Can I do this on the day of the trial?

Will a judge allow me to do this?

Could I still get a judgement against the firms name?

Is it likely the case will be thrown out and I will have to pay costs?

Did you read Nuac's post? We are not psychic. Answer the questions and you will be on the way to an answer. Mind you, I think you are badly in need of some legal advice. You are leaving yourself wide open to a costs order against you and/or scuppering any case you have.

Order 65 of the circuit court rules Says that a judge may allow an amendment at any stage of the proceedings.

Judgement against a trading name is meaningless and unenforceable. It must be against a person or persons or a limited company.

Back