Visa Requirements please

E

Eoghan04

I am due to get married in the very near future and have booked a caribbean cruise for a duration of two weeks for the honeymoon. I need to query if I need any additional paperwork or visas to visit the following countries.
1) USA
2)Mexico
3)Costa Rica
4)Panama
5)Columbia
6)Dominican Republic

We both hold valid Irish Passports. Have tried ringing different embassys but they are useless. Always talking to an answering machine or you have to call some one else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You do not need a visa for Mexico or the US, unless you've overstayed your welcome on a previous visit. I don't know about any of the others.

The travel agent/company where you booked your cruise should be able to tell you.

Schengen.....
More and more countries around the world find it easier to deal with blocks of people even where they live in different (small) countries..........most Europeans are Schengen countries and a special deal has been hammered out to deal with this block of 24 countries on a quid pro quo basis.
An applicant from a Schengen country is going to find it much easier than a citizen of Ireland......

Russia and Schengen have a special visa arrangement where the visa is valid for six months at a low price. An Irish applicant for a Russian visa will only get it for an exact number of days increasing in price on a daily basis..........

Ireland is not part of Schengen and so de facto (as seen outside) not part of Europe (European Union) and thus is seen as somewhat strange in that the outside cover states that it is part of the Union.
Therefore it is difficult to travel and to seek visas where applicable to enter certain countries and it will be even more difficult in the future as the new European Schengen passport becomes the only legal document for Europeans to use for travel purposes.

Ireland has been refused permission by Bruxelles and following a costly legal case through the European Court to adopt this new biometric passport so our government is facing a serious crisis.............

Back