New Ford BMax - knocking noise

Eithneangela

Purchased a new Ford BMax in May - all fine except for knocking noise under the car on any kind of rough surface (such as the concrete roads in a lot of Dublin suburban estates or country roads which have not had tarmac). Brought it back to garage - mechanic drove it around local area which is mainly smooth roads and said there was no problem. However, it's there and it's annoying. Does anybody know where I could go to have a check done on it which would give an unbiased opinion?

Purchased a new Ford BMax in May - all fine except for knocking noise under the car on any kind of rough surface (such as the concrete roads in a lot of Dublin suburban estates or country roads which have not had tarmac). Brought it back to garage - mechanic drove it around local area which is mainly smooth roads and said there was no problem. However, it's there and it's annoying. Does anybody know where I could go to have a check done on it which would give an unbiased opinion?

Bring it back again and tell them to drive it on a rough road surface. If it's a suspension problem they won't hear it on a smooth road.

Make sure you go with mechanic...my car had screeching handbrake few days after purchase..back to dealers, mechanic said he couldnt hear anything...I left...two minutes later heard it,..back I go n inisted he go with me...yes, issue...he fiddled with it...drove off still there..back I go again...he fiddled with it...off I go...half way home, about 30mins away I pulled on hill, pop on my handbrake and nearly hit the car behind me, hed turned the handbrake off, only worked on last two highest clicks...lost all faith in that dealer so got it sorted with different mechanic...

keep at it is my advice...

Sounds like anti roll bar bushes. They are normally most noticeable when driving over the joints on concrete roads. Strange you have this on a new car or is it just new to you but a few years old.

If you aren’t getting any satisfaction from the dealer you should contact Ford Ireland and ask for their advice.

It's a 141 (bought in May, had been used by the dealer's mother for a couple of months as a 'demo' model). Will bring it back to dealer and insist on going out with mechanic.

Years ago contacted KIA over car sold with central locking that didnt...I would only contact manufacturer if last resort as relationship with dealer was and ended extremely badly after KIA had words with him,....

Back