ifunds

Redshoes

BofI would love me to invest my hard earned money in iFunds. They gave me a brochure which has lots of interesting information but nothing about how much it will cost me for giving them the privilege of tying up my money for over 5 years. I can't find any info in the brochure about up front charges or management fees etc.
Does anybody have access to that info or can point me in the right direction.

BofI would love me to invest my hard earned money in iFunds. They gave me a brochure which has lots of interesting information but nothing about how much it will cost me for giving them the privilege of tying up my money for over 5 years. I can't find any info in the brochure about up front charges or management fees etc.
BE VERY CAREFUL. Do yourself a favour and watch this series of videos: http://www.sensibleinvesting.tv/. The high annual mgmt fees (amongst other charges) that BoI will charge you eat away at your capital and decimate your returns. IMHO I would recommend a low cost broad based index ETF over these IFunds.

These are funds of funds and should be avoided as they are usually very poor investment choices. On page 16 of the brochure you will see what New Ireland charges for their part of the pie. But what you will not see and what is difficult to calculate is the charges within the individual funds that get loaded into your fund.

In addition to this you can expect that New Ireland will be getting what is called a retro payment from the funds they select for inclusion in your fund, so it is not exactly independent advice.

Back