Recommendations for short honeymoon break

DeeFox

I'm getting married in June. We have a one year old who we are leaving for a few days so it will be a short break. We're thinking of about three nights. Budget is limited, don't think we could afford more than a thousand. Any ideas?

I'd stay in Ireland so as not to to be wasting time in airports and see can you get a deal in the Kenmare Park. I know a couple who walked in and asked how much to stay tonight and they got BB for €90.

We spent a week in Oslo, Norway during the summer (just before the bombings) and it's a lovely spot, Ryanair were doing cheap flights (3.99), check their flights..thon hotels have great offers, breakfast included...also check out Groupon and the likes as I see they are offering deals abroad etc.

Our own honeymoon we spent a week in Tunisia, one of the cheapest places you could go to, we had a four year old along and total cost, meals included €1200 (5 yrs ago, booked through a travel agent).

We got married in Edinburgh and engaged in Glasgow, both lovely cities.

Personally id prefer to travel as you'll always have that place special as your honeymoon destination.

Fly Ryanair to Memmingen then on to Lake Constance. Stay in Friedrichshafen and travel up and down the lake on boats, bus or train.

I'm getting married in June. We have a one year old who we are leaving for a few days so it will be a short break. We're thinking of about three nights. Budget is limited, don't think we could afford more than a thousand. Any ideas?

Well if you got a €1,000 and it's going to be a short break I can recommend the [broken link removed] (Co. Mayo). It's very up market for the price and you can always have a meal or afternoon tea at the castle.

Thanks very much for the responses so far. We're thinking of Venice - neither of us has been there. Or maybe Barcelona.

Has anyone been to Venice in early June? I've heard it can be a bit smelly in warm weather.

I stayed in Lake Garda (Garda town) in May last year + found it very pretty and not very expensive for food and drink.
Ryanair & Aerlingus fly to Milan which makes it easy to get to.
There are plenty of things to do and places to visit if you wanted to see some of the area.
I stayed about 2mins walk from the promenade in a hotel called "hotel benaco" - (no affiliation), it was not very expensive and the location was perfect.

Venice is great really early in the morning or late in the evening. Once the cruise ships and the bus tours are in, it loses a lot of the charm.

Dubrovnik would be my suggestion. Direct flights from Dublin with Aer Lingus for c.€170 return. It is not an expensive location. The old city is magical and great beaches, hotels and island hops. You could do a lot in a few days by not having a long transfer time and a flight of only 3.15 hours.

Back