New Renault Fluence - €15,800

P

PTO

Hi All,

Renault are offering the new Fluence for 15,800 with the scrappage deal and a 5 years warranty.

I know from this forum that reliability has been a bit issue in the past with Renault - has it improved any in recent years?

I've been a big fan of Japanese cars so it would be a risk for me but this seems like a very tempting offer. Haven't driven it yet but like the looks. There isn't anything similar looking that I know of in Nissan, Toyota and the Mazda 6 is outside my price range.

I saw one in a showroom this week when I was picking up my new Mégane. It's quite a big car, looks solid and fairly impressive, a lot of car for the money. But it has the same engine as the Mégane, so it won't be a performance car.

My pre-purchase research suggests to me that Renault have improved reliability on the Mégane (my research was focused on the car I was thinking of buying). I'd be cautious about the reliability of any new model.

It's funny but Renault was one on the companies that I put on my blacklist, promising myself that I would never do business with them again after the way they treated me, years ago. Looking back over the handful on my list I am pleased to say that I kept my promises to this day. I am sure that Renault have moved on as have the other companies but there is just this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that if I ever do business with them again and something goes wrong I will be saying to myself "I told you so".

I bought one today - the 106bhp Tom Tom edition. So far I'm well impressed - tons of kit for €24600! That's the on the road price before I traded in my 3 year old car. I never considered a Renault because of their reputation but I couldn't pass this one up - I thought it was worth the risk to buy a car, with no reviews, euroncap rating etc but with more kit then you could shake a stick at, at a fantastic price - not to mention 5 year warranty/5 year AA roadside assist. (2010 Mondeo I looked at had 2 years, less kit and more expensive!!) I only have the car a day, so if it goes wrong (I hope not as I love the car!) I'll post it here :)

Happy motoring everybody!! :)

I think its an impressive car. I drove a Megane Coupe for the last 4 years and never had a single problem(it was a '00) . A couple of months back I was going for a new Megane Hatchback. A great scrappage deal. I changed my mind in the end and completely upgraded to a brand new Renault Laguna Coupe. Its an incredibly stylish car and has every extra you could think of. Its a 2 litre 150bhp. I got a great deal, €29,500 including the extended 5 year guarantee. It was an offer I couldnt refuse and well below the RRP. And I didnt even have to trade my old Megane in. I ended up selling that for €1500. Happy days.

I bought one today - the 106bhp Tom Tom edition. So far I'm well impressed - tons of kit for €24600! That's the on the road price before I traded in my 3 year old car. I never considered a Renault because of their reputation but I couldn't pass this one up - I thought it was worth the risk to buy a car, with no reviews, euroncap rating etc but with more kit then you could shake a stick at, at a fantastic price - not to mention 5 year warranty/5 year AA roadside assist. (2010 Mondeo I looked at had 2 years, less kit and more expensive!!) I only have the car a day, so if it goes wrong (I hope not as I love the car!) I'll post it here :)

did you get the usb stcik or is it phono's for ipod etc in the stereo.

this car looks very boring compared to the megane...
Renault prices these days with scrappage are hard to beat though

Is it as big as a Mondeo?
I also have Renault on my black-list (and Nissan since they are French owned).

106bhp in something that size would send me to sleep !
Cars are getting bigger and bigger and the engines are going the other way.

Back