P45 question, urgent reply if possible.

Danny5d

Hi guys, need a bit of info I'm unable to obtain in my searches. My new employer in the Republic of Ireland is looking for a p45, obviously. I am unable to to obtain it, but I DO have the previous one. My concern is the previous p45 is from the UK (Northern Ireland). Will this be OK to use as I commence employment in Ireland?

Many thanks,

David.

I used my uk one when I came back to Ireland. It wasn't a problem. I just had to obtain a tax credit certificate from the revenue. Give them a call or request it online

You just have to get a new tax credit cert, old UK P45 is no good to employer as tax credits etc are not the same.

It should suffice and if not it will all be sorted out fairly quick with your UK national insurance iD.

In my cv, I was employed with company in Ireland, but now discovering they had me technically down as freelancer. Therefore they didn't my tax, I don't believe. New employer goes to revenue and sees zero contributions and I look like a scammer!

Get you new employers Registration number ring Revenue and get your credits ect allocated on a week one basis. Then they won't see prior income!

You should register as self employed. and file a tax return!

Back