How can I clean discoloured plastic sun-loungers

Ancutza

Left these out in the garden since last Summer and they are now looking grey and grubby. I've washed them best I can but they still look bad.

I also tried to rub them down with fine wire wool but that just roughed-up the surface of the plastic without removing the ingrained stain.

Any ideas or do I just chuck them and get new ones? They were kind of expensive and there are 4 of them so don't fancy the latter option.

Was thinking about giving them a wash with a concentrated sodium peroxide solution.

You could try sodium peroxide, it wouldnt hurt. Maybe bleach?

I'm not sure you will be able to get the proper colour back though, with it being faded through sunlight.

I think the best is a mixture of washing up liquid and bleach. Leave it for a few hours or over night and then blast it with a power washer. If the finish then looks clean but dull, wipe with some dash board cleaner or a thin coat of wd40.

i bought product in aldi a few months ago called PVC restorer.

i've only tired it on one window but it seems fairly good. i think it was around €8.

you could also try a cream cleaner like Astonish (has been mentioned in relation to cleaning hobs) or maybe the cif cream cleaner that has added bleach.

good luck, it would be a shame to dump them.

i bought product in aldi a few months ago called PVC restorer... i think it was around €8...
I've used that stuff on fairly jaded white PVC patio doors and it worked very well, just needs a bit of elbow grease added.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys and gals! I'll try them all. Many thanks again!

Back