Fitting french doors.

Suziewon

Im getting some building work done, and im paying 2700e for fitting of patio doors, garden around doors to be dug out and a small barrier wall and concrete outside doors. I bought folding doors in b&q instead of pvc doors so builder said it would be an extra 250e for fitting of them because the frame comes in pieces rather that a full frame structure.said it would be an extra day Is he right?

he's having a laugh anyone that knows what their doing will have it together on an hour

Looks like original quote was for PVC. Are doors you bought wood? Haven't seen doors in B & Q but if my assumptions are correct, there is some additional work but not a full day. Therefore, SOME element of additional cost seems justifiable. But maybe not to the extent he has charged.

Thanks,
yes doors are wooden, ended up 2 of the 4 doors were wrong, so have to be sent back, i got them through newry from england so bit of a pain, builder sorted it all out on the phone for me, which he didnt really have to do, so not going to complain about the extra fitting cost now..

Back