Condensation on Bedroom Windows

Yep, I had water running off my front door and into my hall it was that bad. All the windows had water on them every morning, as did my back door too.

Was told that the doors were too airtight, nothing I could do. Opening windows helped a little but the dehumidifyer was the best, I even recommended it to my neighbour and she uses one now too :D

Keep a J cloth handy upstairs and give the bedroom windows a quick wipe in the morning and open them for 5 or 10 min.

I know it's not ideal but it will save your curtains and paintwork and health!

Condensation effect occured when are combined three factors heigh humidity ,cold surface of glass or wall and too heigh/or too low room temperature.
For keeping low humidity level we should use tricle vents , often openning window or dehumidification.
Importent is using Low E glass U=1,1, insted ordinary glazing U=2,8W/Km2 .Also timber or uPVC windows have "warmer" frame then aluminium.Sometimes people have not thermally broken aluminium door/window, it will always casue condesation.
Another cause for "cold" wall is bad insulation (or no insulation ) between wall and windows frame.

Forget about using a dehumidifier. If it helps, it's only telling you that your ventilation isn't working the way it should.

It may not be possible but why not look into blocking the original vent permanently and installing a new vent on the opposite side of the room. I'm assuming though that you have two external walls in your room. It could be the same as last vent but make sure it's surface area is at least 3,500mm Sq though...min imum regs nowdays.

Another person made a good point though, it could be damp penetration. Do you have black stains on the walls near the floor?

Back